The College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell University holds a leadership position in academic veterinary medicine. Situated within a world-class research university, our institution has contributed to the Cornell fabric since the founding of the university.
Our mission is to advance veterinary medicine at the interface of discovery and application. We promote research at the molecular, cellular, organismal, and population levels to better inform the practice of medicine, public health, and policy.
We are dedicated to excellence in research, educational programs and professional service. We seek to advance understanding of both animal and human health, foster open collaboration across disciplines and institutional boundaries, and integrate discovery with application.
We do this through our:
- Cutting-edge case-based curriculum that trains the next generation of thought leaders, researchers, and practitioners in veterinary medicine and biomedical science.
- Compassion and dedication to service at our state-of-the-art teaching hospital where we care for animals and help students hone their skills in real time, led by world-class faculty who are renowned board-certified specialists in their field.
- Continued discoveries in both basic and applied sciences, creating new treatments and tests to enhance and protect public health throughout the world.
The New York State Veterinary Medical Society (NYSVMS) is an association of veterinarians, for veterinarians. We are the voice for the profession, representing the nearly 5,000 veterinarians licensed and practicing in New York State.
Our association is:
- LEADING the veterinarians of New York State
- EDUCATING the public and the profession about animal health
- ADVOCATING for animal owners and the profession
- PROTECTING animal well-being, public health and the profession